Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon & Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I recently went to the restaurant Champs for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I had the bourbon salmon with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. Well today I had a taste for the bourbon salmon. So I decided to make my own. I came across a recipe for Bourbon-Glazed Salmon http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bourbon-glazed-salmon-10000001662929/  This recipe is pretty straight forward and it turned out DELICIOUS might I add :) Now I did add a little extra bourbon lol and a touch of white wine :) This recipe calls for marinating the salmon for a hour and a half so be sure to prep and factor that time in. I always like to marinate my meats for a while so that it can absorb all that flavor and goodness.

I served this salmon with some Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes that I made from scratch using baby red potatoes and grilled asparagus. Enjoy!!!


Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons bourbon
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted

PreparationPublish Post

  • Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
  • Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan; cook fish 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon green onions and 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment