Monday, August 8, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Hey everyone! I know it has been a couple days since my last post. It has been a busy weekend. Saturday was suppose to be my brother's big annual cookout. This is the 12th year of what we call "the barn function". Unfortunately we had to postpone the cookout this year due to rain however we still had a mini barn function with our fam and friends that did still come. I love spending time with my family. It's always great times with us. Below I posted one of the things I made for the party. It was a delicious, golden, moist Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake. This was my second time making it. The first time I tried it I left it in for the full hour and thirty five minutes that the directions call for however this time I took it out about 15 mins earlier so that it would be more moist and it was. Happy Baking :)




Cream Cheese Pound Cake
from "the all-new ultimate Southern Living Cookbook"


1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Garnishes: powdered sugar, fresh berries, fresh thyme, whipped cream

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.

Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Budnt or tube pan.

Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wore rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Garnish each serving, if desired. Yield 12 servings.

*note: I topped my cake with sliced almonds before baking.






No comments:

Post a Comment